Hi! Simply click below and type your query.
Our experts will reply you very soon.
Posted by Admin on August, 23, 2021
Cast iron is a metal which is obtained by melting iron in an iron ore in a blast furnace. It includes silicon, manganese, sulfur, and phosphorus. The other types of cast iron are gray cast iron, ductile cast iron. It is used in machines because of its sturdy structure. This iron alloy is resistant to wear and tear and is reliable to use in on run. It is used in machines because of its sturdy structure. Cast iron is used in various applications likes pipes, machines and automotive industry, cylinder head, cylinder blocks, gear box, construction of buildings, agricultural equipment’s, weapons etc. When cast iron comes in contact with moisture, it may lead to corrosion and rust.
Cast iron is produced by melting pig iron, steel, limestone, carbon in an electrically induced furnace. The impurities like phosphorus and sulfur are removed and last step casting is done to produce cast iron.
The various types of cast iron available are as follows:
• Iron Cemented
• Grey Cast Iron
• White Cast Iron
• Metallic Cast Iron
• Ductile Cast Iron
Cast iron is widely used to build bridges. It is used by architectures to built tall buildings. This metal is also used in textile mills, photo frames, window frames, spare parts for machinery, weaving machines.
Use of cast iron scrap for making various products
Scrap cast iron is the cast iron which is offered for sale and can again be reused for different purposes. Many scrap dealers have a bulk of cast iron which they collect and again resell for further use. The crockery, old vehicles, pipes, sinks, bath tubs, chimney, gas stoves, doors, etc. can be sold to scrap dealers for a price. Cast iron can be found everywhere in a household. It is sold according to the weight measured for cast iron.
Some prominent uses include-
• The recycled cast iron is widely used in the automobile industry to make the body parts of the vehicles and also in making different other body parts of the aircraft and electrical appliances.
• These are also used in the packaging industry where the metal is used to pack different and kept for transportation.
• The scrap is used in the food packaging industry, where many different foods are packed with scrap metals to keep the food fresh and hot.
• The cast iron scrap is also used for making decorative pieces to spruce up the overall look of an office space or house.
The cast iron scrap suppliers should take into consideration the following important aspects in order gain a competitive edge in the market-
• They should procure it from the genuine vendors in the industry.
• The suppliers of wholesale cast iron scrap in India should be well-capacitated to meet the bulk requirements of the market on a timely basis.
• They should have a highly strong marketing and distribution network, to suffice the requirements of various parts of the world.
• They should offer their product at cost-effective rate.
Thus, we can conclude that the cast iron scrap is widely employed for making various industrial products in a cost-effective manner.
This entry was posted on August, 23, 2021 at 10 : 36 am and is filed under Cast Iron Scrap. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response from your own site.